David J. Broderick,
MICROSOFT. Certificates for training in Windows NT Administration,
CLARK UNIVERSITY COMPUTER CAREER INSTITUTE.
Certificate in Client/Server Technology: Courses in Microsoft Access, Structured
Query Language, Visual Basic.
M.I.T. LOWELL INSTITUTE. BASIC Programming I&II, Electronic Imaging and
Machine Vision, Technical Math I&II, Electronics I&II, Telephone Electronics,
Lotus123, Advanced Lotus, Computer Networking, UNIX Shell Programming, and
C Programming I (on Athena), Design and Build a P.C., Visual Basic.
BERKLEE COLLEGE. Diploma-Professional Music. Emphasis on acoustics,
audio recording, and the music business.
BOSTON UNIVERSITY. B.A. Sociology major with background in the physical
sciences and courses in photojournalism.
M.I.T. August 1986 - Present Senior Audio Visual Specialist.
- Administrator for Audio Visual Department's 30 plus
computers. Responsible for purchase decisions, and installation of departmental
computer hardware and software.
- Author and administrator of Filemaker Pro database used
for departmental inventory, classroom maintenance, job tracking and billing.
All departmental business ($1.6 million per year) is transacted in this database.
This data interfaces with SAP.
- Developed Multimedia Computer/Projector display for
MIT Corridor 3
- Project management; Supervised the design and installation
of a complete replacement of the Kresge Auditorium sound system.
- Webmaster: Created and maintain websites for two organizations.
MIT Audio Visual: http://web.mit.edu/av and HorseScience(.Com)http://www.horsescience.com
- Pioneered digital audio at MIT AV. Expert in audio.
Responsible for audio tape recording, editing, dubbing events and conferences.
Extensive experience in complex audio setups for satellite conferencing, with
feeds to major television networks.
- Responsible for large screen, and classroom projection
of computers, video, 35mm slides, and overhead projectors. Specialist in knowledge
of computer to video projection interfaces. Experienced with LCD and CRT projection
- Work closely with entire spectrum of the M.I.T. community,
from student groups to the office of the President. Instruct student groups,
faculty and co-op students in the use of A.V. equipment.
- Consultant in the planning and production of major events
at the Institute.
- Recording Engineer: 4 Albums on Compact Disc: Mark Harvey's
Aardvark Jazz Orchestra for 9 Winds and Leo Labs labels.
E.U. WURLITZER COMPANY, BOSTON MA. 1973-1986
- Sound reinforcement: live sound for concerts at Boston's
Hatch Shell. Instrument Repair: Maintenance and repair of guitars and other
- Sole responsibility for operation of guitar repair shop
and supervision of staff. Have extensive knowledge of woodworking, connectors,
cables, and electronics.
- SALES of musical instruments, accessories and professional
audio equipment. Instructed customers in the use of audio recording and sound
reinforcement gear. Established long-term relationships with a professional
PROFESSIONAL MUSICIAN, 1971-present.
A national portfolio in the music industry. Concert,
club, and studio appearances with Tom Rush, Roy Buchanan, Box Car Willie,
Big Mama Thornton, and Chuck Berry. Venues included Boston's Symphony Hall,
Opera House, and Washington D.C.'s Kennedy Center.
Excellent health. Interests include bicycling, 35mm
photography, and carpentry. An avid reader possessing basic survival skills