In our current issue:
Larry Bacow and the Mantle of Leadership
Larry Benedict and the Challenge of Student Life -- Check back for
a full interview transcript, with additional discussion of:
What You Say !! -- The Use and Abuse of Rhetoric
- Orientation 2002 and the importance of dorm rush. "There
has to be time for students to get a sense of what a residence hall is
like.... I went to dinner at Random Hall about a month ago... It's
very clear to me that if you did not spend at least an hour at Random
Hall you would not have a clue about what it was like."
- How did Benedict come to MIT?
- The role of Residential Life Associates.
- How is meeting information distributed to the student body?
- Defining and promoting community, and the role of academics.
- Who's making the rules?
- Plans to keep crowding under control.
Letters to the Editor
What the hell is going on?
Low resolution pdf (1 MB, recommended)
High resolution pdf (4 MB)
Prometheus is a new monthly MIT student publication dedicated
to publishing well-reasoned and well-written articles, and tying
student issues in with ideas of responsibility and freedom.
To learn more, contact us at fire at mit dot edu.
Prometheus's website is still under construction! Contact us
at fire at mit dot edu.
Last updated May 19, 2003.