Subject: Re: Feature wish Red Gnus

From: Jens Lautenbacher <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Jul 1996 10:42:16 +0200

Mark Eichin <[email-masked]> writes:

> On problem: I set gnus-message-archive-group to (lambda(x) (list
> "misc-mail" x)) which does the right thing when my mail is in nnml:*
> and news is just in news.group.whatever, but when I've got nnml as
> the gnus-select-method, and the groups are actually named mail.*, it
> ends up building a gcc line pointing to nnfolder+archive:mail.*
> instead.  I haven't dug around to find out how to deal, but it's
> pretty clear that "this isn't how lars does it" or it would be
> easier :-)

I made a small patch to gnus-msg.el that provides a new group
parameter "gcc-self". If this is set to t in a groups's parameter
list, the gcc line is always build according to the right group name
if you send from inside of this this group. I process all my article
saving with this, except for a standart archive server line for misc
mail or misc news like:

    (setq gnus-message-archive-group
	     '((if (message-news-p)
		   "misc-news"
		 "misc-mail")))

If gcc-self is set to none, no gcc line at all appears in this group. I
use this for articles gong to mailing lists I,m subscribed to, as my
article will come back anyway.

A typical group parameter list would be (for ding.ifi.uio.no):

;; Type `C-c C-c' after editing the group parameters.

((gcc-self . none)
 (to-address . "[email-masked]"))

And another for some private email:

;; Type `C-c C-c' after editing the group parameters.

((gcc-self . t)
 (to-address . "[email-masked]"))

I append my patch below, I already sent it to Lars but it will not be
integrated (if at all) before Red Gnus.