Subject: food

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 92 19:01:55 EDT

here's the food report.

there appeared to be about 3 dozen tourers plus half a dozen sipb types
when the tour started. assuming that other sipb types would attend just
jis's talk, that pushed the prospective audience to maybe 50. 40-50 people
showed up at 6-120 -- i didn't count them, sorry. as expected, there was
some attrition of tourers.

3 boxes entenmanns choc. chip -- all gone
3 pkgs. sandwich cookies -- 2 pkgs. eaten
2 boxes other cookies -- only nibbled at

2 bags m&ms (plain) -- approx. 1 bag eaten

3 bags cheese popcorn -- 1 bag eaten
2 bags pretzels -- 1/2 bag eaten

8 6-oz. bags potato chips -- approx. 3 bags eaten
3 cans dip -- 2 cans each half eaten
4 bags tortilla chips -- 2 bags eaten
2 jars salsa -- 1 jar half eaten

3 jars juice -- all drunk
3 bottles coke -- 2 1/2 bottles drunk
5 bottles other soda (1 diet) -- all partially drunk

not everything noted as eaten was -fully- consumed; some bags were
partially eaten.

cost $72 at laverde's. shopped at laverde's because bill didn't arrive in
time to go elsewhere. elsewhere it would probably have cost somewhat less.

for the future, for same attendance, i would recommend:

3 bottles coke
3 bottles other soda -- including 1 diet
3 bottles juice

1 bag popcorn
1 bag pretzels
18-20 oz. potato chips 
1-2 cans of dip -- if 2, get different kinds
1-2 bags tortilla chips
1 jar salsa

3 boxes entenmanns choc. chip
3 pkgs other cookies -- probably some sandwich, some not

----------

save this somewhere useful. in fact, it would be damn helpful for next
year's turkey if you would write a brief report on how this year went and
how to do it right, and put said report somewhere that next year's turkey
would be likely to find it.

you might want to talk to alan bawden -- [email-masked] -- about tour
scheduling and such; he probably remembers how it used to work better than
i do.

[1055] [email-masked] (Stan Zanarotti)  Athena_MSGS  09/10/92 00:28 (14 lines)
Subject: SIPB Computer Tours
From: [email-masked] (Stan Zanarotti)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 92 00:28:01 -0400
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

The SIPB will be holding its annual computer tours tomorrow, September 10th,
starting in Lobby 10 at 6:45pm.  These tours will visit
interesting computer facilities around the MIT campus, such as the
Media Lab, LCS and AI, ECF, Scheme Lab, and Athena.  There will be a
talk and refreshments afterwards in 6-120 around 10pm by Jeff Schiller,
Manager of the Campus Network.

Although targetted for freshmen, these tours give you an opportunity to
see what's going on at the other labs on campus.
--[1055]--