Subject: [[email-masked]: [[email-masked]: SIPB computer tour (stops needed)]]

From: [email-masked] (Robert Ringrose)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 92 13:21:38 EDT

Stan -

OK, I'll do it.  I can't guarantee a live robot demo (who knows, it might
happen anyway) but we have videotape.

We have a fairly large area, group size isn't really a problem.  15 or 20
minutes is a decent amount of time.  What time(s) will people arrive?

	- Robert

Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked] (Marc H. Raibert)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 92 17:04:35 EDT
To: ringrose
Subject: [[email-masked]: SIPB computer tour (stops needed)]

Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked] (Stan Zanarotti)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 92 15:52:43 -0400
To: [email-masked]
Subject: SIPB computer tour (stops needed)

Robert Ringrose referred me to you about this...

Hi...  I'm helping to organize this year's SIPB computer tour.  This
is a computer tour aimed at freshmen and incoming graduate students
to show them interesting computer resources and labs around campus.
We've done this for many years, and the freshmen seem to enjoy seeing
the neat hardware around campus.  The different research groups get an
opportunity to show off their stuff to potential UROPs.

This year's tour will be on Thursday, September 10th, from 7pm to 10pm.
We will divide into small groups, and visit various locations.

Would you be interested in demoing the Leg Lab?  Or know somebody
who would?  This would involve staying around Thursday night, giving a
demo to the groups, and answering questions.

If so, what's an ideal group size for your area?  How long is the
ideal demo?  The final arrangements will depend on how many stops we
have on the tour, and how many people show up for the tour.  Thursday
is after Rush is over, so we're hoping to get a lot of freshman.

Thanks,

	-stan