Subject: SIPB computer tour (stops needed)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 92 12:36:37 -0400

Hello Stan,

Randy Sargent forwarded your earlier message to me.  If it's not too
late, I'd like to make available to the tour group(s) the LEGO/Logo
Lab at the Media Laboratory.

Details:  an ideal group for our lab would be 10 to 12 persons with a
duration of 20 to 30 minutes.  Location:  We're room 301 on the third
floor of the Media Lab.

Please get in touch with me and let me know how the schedule is going
to look (e.g., number of group over the Thursday eve I should expect).
Thanks.

	- Fred Martin
	  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Stan Zanarotti)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 92 20:27:55 -0400

No, it's not too late;  response hasn't been overwhelming, particularly from
the AI lab...

The number of groups/sizes will depend on how many people show up for the
tour on Thursday.  It's hard to gauge this in advance.  We typically get around
50 people, which we split up into 3 major groups, which will then get split
up into smaller groups when we hit the Media-Lab.

So my guess is that you'll get 6 groups of 10 people each, over the period of
7:10 to 10:00pm on Thursday.  

If AI doesn't come through, the tours will probably not go as late, and we'll
have a little more time at each stop.

The first group that comes by will have more information.

Thanks for doing this!

	-stan

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 92 09:35:47 -0400

Hey, I overlooked your message in the rush of last week.  If you still
want to, tell me when you want people to come through and I'll help. 
It will just be walking down the corridor and talking about the 
holograms, so it probably won't screw up your schedule too much.  
I can probably talk to about 20-30 at once.

Sorry about the delay, let me know....

							--Mike

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Torrance)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 92 14:46:24 EDT

Stan,

Hi.  I have been swamped with orientation activities for our new AI
Lab grad students.  I would be happy to do a SIPB tour of the mobot
lab tonight (probably 3 times, if you're doing it the way it's been
done before).  I can meet students on the ninth floor of NE43 in the
elevator lobby, and show them around as much or as little as you like.

I'll need a bit of warning if you want me to do it, so please return
this email before 5pm or call me at 253-8829 to set up the details.
Let me know what times groups will be arriving, about how many to
expect, and about how long I should talk to them.  If you give me the
go-ahead, I'll ready demos of some robots and videotapes of other
robots.

Again, I'm sorry to get back to you so late.

--Mark Torrance
  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Torrance)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 92 18:22:24 EDT

Stan,

I'm sorry, but I am on my way out right now.  I promised my wife I'd
come home for dinner.  I guess we'll have to miss the tour tonight,
but I'll try to remember about it if I'm asked next year.  Thanks for
your mail.

--Mark