Subject: [[email-masked]: SIPB computer tour (stops needed)]

From: Randy Sargent <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 92 16:46:28 -0400

Mitch and Fred,

I unfortunately won't be around to host the SIPB tour.  I did host it last
year and it was a lot of fun.  Are either of you interested?  Here's the
message I got:

-----------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Stan Zanarotti)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 92 15:16:00 -0400
To: [email-masked]
Subject: SIPB computer tour (stops needed)

Hi...  I'm helping to organize this year's SIPB computer tour.  This
is a computer tour aimed at freshmen and incoming graduate students
to show them interesting computer resources and labs around campus.
We've done this for many years, and the freshmen seem to enjoy seeing
the neat hardware around campus.  The different research groups get an
opportunity to show off their stuff to potential UROPs.

This year's tour will be on Thursday, September 10th, from 7pm to 10pm.
We will divide into small groups, and visit various locations.

Would you be interested in demoing the Lego lab?  Or know somebody
who would?  This would involve staying around Thursday night, giving a
demo to the groups, and answering questions.

If so, what's an ideal group size for your area?  How long is the
ideal demo?  The final arrangements will depend on how many stops we
have on the tour, and how many people show up for the tour.  Thursday
is after Rush is over, so we're hoping to get a lot of freshman.

Thanks,

	-stan