

Here it is.  Use at your own risk.  YOU MAY LOSE MAIL.
There is no documentation.

That being said, nndb is kind of keen.  You start the server, "nndb",
which acts like an nntp server on a port of your choosing (9000 by
default).  You can GET, POST, XOVER, etc.  Two delivery agents are
included.  One, "nndeliver",  is written in perl, and has a few extra
features, like delivering to your system mailbox if the server is
down.  The other, "nndel", is in C, so it doesn't have the overhead of
starting up perl for each e-mail that you get.

If you specify a group on the command line of the delivery agent, it
will put your mail in that group.  If you don't, the server will
decide what group to put it in, based on the rules found in your
.nndbrc file.  The .nndbrc looks a lot like a .procmailrc:

: flags
* condition 1
* condition 2
group1
group2

Eventually, most of the procmail flags will be supported.  The flags
currently supported are: 

B  grep the message body.
H  grep the message header (the default).  if you want to grep both,
   use 'HB'.
D  do a case sensitive grep, instead of the default casesless one.
c  continue.  a successful match usually stops processing of the
   rules.  the 'c' flag lets you have multiple rules match the same mail.

The conditions are perl regular expressions.  They are "and"ed
together.  Note that there is no magic procmail ^TO expansion, yet.

There can be several groups to deliver to.  Make sure you have no
whitespace between them.

By default, the server uses Berkeley DB.  If you want to use gdbm,
give the -g option.  It is entertaining to use the verbose option
(-v), to see what gnus does when reading news.

Security is pretty lax, right now.  There is some ATUHINFO support,
but I haven't fully tested it with gnus.  You may either specify a
username/password pair on the command line, or it will read from the
.nntp-authinfo file.

Questions, comments, and bug fixes should be sent to me.  If there is
enough interest, I will start a mailing list.

-- 
Joe Hildebrand                  Fuentez Systems Concepts
[email-masked]              Lead Software Engineer
	"Breakfast recapitulates phylogeny" - Spider Robinson