Subject: cinco de mayo
From: Javier Chavez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 08:05:37 -0700

On the morning of the 5th of May, 1862, General Comte de Lorencez, 
commander of French invasion forces declared:

"We are so superior to the Mexicans in race, in organization, in 
discipline, in morality, and in refinement of sensibilities, that as of 
this moment, at the head of our 6,000 valiant soldiers, I am already the 
master of Mexico."

um . .  . yeah . . . well, maybe not.

Out-numbered, out-trained, and out-gunned, the Mexican army was able to 
repel Napoleon's invasion at the Battle of Puebla.

The strongest army on earth (at the time) was defeated by an army made up 
mostly of machete-wielding Mexican peasants. hehe.

Machetes are in my blood, i guess.

So, slap a French flag on that pinyata, and hack away!

merry Cinco de Mayo!

-javier

ps: just to be historically accurate, Mexico won the Battle but lost the 
war. France was able to take Mexico City after they recieved 
re-inforcements and established some guy named maximilian as the emperor of 
Mexico. He was later overthrown by Benito Juarez, a fellow Zapotec Indian, 
and executed.  I love happy endings!

_____________________________________________
NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
Click here for FREE Internet Access and Email
http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html