Head, Systems and Technology Services
MIT Libraries, Room E25-131
77 Mass. Ave., Cambridge MA 02139
I am the head of the
MIT Libraries' department of
Systems and Technology
Services. My responsibilities include:
- managing and coordinating
the Libraries' technology-based services
- supervising the Libraries'
Systems and Technology Services Department
- leading the process
for approving computer-related
capital equipment purchases for the Libraries
- overseeing the Libraries' technology-related projects, particularly priority-setting within Library Council
- establishing procedures, policies, and priorities for the
Libraries' use of technology, in collaboration with various committees and senior
management of the Libraries
I am also the housemaster
at MIT's Random Hall.
- Random is the home of Physical Plant, and the proud winners of the 2005 IAP Mystery Hunt
- When Random Hall's
residents wanted to rename one of our floors, someone actually
paid for the honor.
- Random Hall is the
home of up to four
legal cats as reported in The New York Times on November
- Our laundry
facilities have gained international fame.
- And then there's the
milk, winner of the coveted award for Ugliest Manifestation on
Campus (UMOC) in 1995,
1998, and 2000, and 2003.
- Checking out Viruses and Hoaxes
will save you from panic and embarrassment. Please
check these before you forward any scary emails to everyone you
- The Virtual
Reference Collection - one of the most useful pages I know.
Now you, too, can look it up.