suicide by apnea:
also available in plain html without the navigation
bar and in adobe acrobat format (soon).
22 Magazine Street, #2
Cambridge, MA 02139
A technical programming/software design position with a
technology-oriented company, preferably with a focus on Internet
applications, computer security, application programming, or system
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
September, 1993 to present
- Completed requirement for B.S. in Computer Science with a minor in
Literature. Currently enrolled in a combined B.S./M.Eng. degree
program to be completed in May 1998.
- Woodrow Wilson High School
September, 1990 to June, 1993
- Graduated with honors as the salutatorian of the class. Member of the
National Honor Society and a National Merit Scholar.
- Dimensional Insight
June, 1996 to present (part-time and summer).
- Software Designer. Helped to create a network interface using Java to
allow remote networked machines on inter- or intranets to perform
database information analysis. This software is an integral of the new
DataFountain software. This position has provided substantial
experience with large Java programming projects.
- MIT Artificial Intelligence Lab
June, 1994 to August, 1995
- Undergraduate Researcher. Worked on the Global
Cooperative Computing project as part of the Reinventing Computing
Group. The main task was creating an object oriented database for a
web-based collaborative environment for developing and distributing
- National Institutes of Health
June, 1993 to August, 1993
- Summer Intern. In charge of a project writing driver software for a
lab instrument in C using a serial interface.
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center
June, 1992 to August, 1992
- Summer Intern. Designed a database in DBase III to help lab personnel
track urological cancers.
Familiar with Macintosh and UNIX systems. Programming languages known:
Pascal, C, C++, Scheme, Clu, Perl, and Java. While at MIT, took
courses in such computer-related topics as Software Engineering
(6.170), Computer Systems (6.033), Compiler Design (6.035), Algorithms
(6.046), Complexity and Computability (6.045), Advanced Computer
Systems (6.823), Programming Languages (6.821), and Computer and
Network Security (6.857). Also, have taken courses in literature and
holography (MAS.450 and MAS.858). Am currently a Teaching Assistant
for 6.035 this fall. Have gained practical experience in software
engineering through class work and job experience.
US Citizen. Born 5/30/75. Unmarried. Interests: glassblowing,
holography, literature, computers. References available on
request. Check web page for more information.