This class demonstrates how to implement the key navigation design patterns detailed in the Designing Effective Navigation class. The lessons in this class cover implementing navigation up, down, and across your application's screen map.
After reading through the lessons in this class and exploring the associated sample application
(see right), you should also have a basic understanding of how to use
ViewPager, two components that are fundamental to core app navigation.
- Implementing Lateral Navigation
- Learn how to implement tabs and horizontal paging (swipe views).
- Implementing Ancestral Navigation
- Learn how to implement Up navigation.
- Implementing Temporal Navigation
- Learn how to correctly handle the Back button.
- Implementing Descendant Navigation
- Learn the finer points of implementing navigation into your application's information hierarchy.